The Natural Philosopher

Default Electronic Water Descalers / softeners

John Wood wrote:

"James Salisbury" wrote in message

Hi,

Do the above mentioned devices actually work?

FWIW....

I used to descale the kettle frequently.

I started using a Wickes electric conditioner and a Brita filter at the same
time.

Britas seem to work - I don't know why tho.

I don't know which does the trick, but I no longer get any build up on the
element.

On taps etc. I do get some build up round the base but it is easier to shift
and not so plentiful.

I think it works, but I have no proof about dissolving existing scale. It
might be working but I've no intention of taking my bot water cylinder to
bits to find out.

If offered my money back I would keep the gizmo.