James Meyer

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:42:45 +0100, "R.Lewis" wroth:

Odd.
You state the rating of the cable and the connector which shows conclusively
that they will not do the job Then you state they will.

Any reason why?

I'll be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the ratings of the
connector/cable combination I specified at least equals the rating of the switch
used at the end of the cable.

Failure of the cable/connector part, however likely or unlikely, is
exactly equivalent to either opening or closing the switch. Why analy
overdesign any single part of a series connected system without overdesigning
*all* of the parts?

Jim