Mary Fisher

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:25:08 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

What an animal eats has no bearing on
its flesh.

BSE and cannibal cows ?

a) the flavour of flesh wasn't changed

b) the nervous system was where the 'infection' was.

I've heard there are also BSE(sic) risks to squirrel in West Virginia,
where they're a commonplace diet item in some of the more rustic
parts.

So have I. but again only the nervous system would be infected.

The problem with BSE infected animals was that every part of the caracase
was used by some 'food' manufacturers - mechanically recovered meat (MRM)
contained everything. Everything.

I was happy to continue eating cattle flesh and offal but would never and
have never eaten commercially produces pies, pates, sausages - anything
which could contain unknowns.

Mary