Doctor Evil

"James Salisbury" wrote in message

"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

"Ellen Rawlinson" wrote in message
om...
Hello! I'm rennovating a house that I intend to rent out.

Essentially
I have two bathrooms, each of which is going to have a bath with
shower over. I want to be able to run both showers at once (as there
will be six people in the house), and my plumber thinks the only way
to do this is with electric showers. Does anyone know if there's a

way
to run two showers (with thermostatic mixer valves) at the same time
off the one combi boiler I'll be putting in, or is my plumber right?

There are a lot of issues here regarding adequacy of electric supply
(for
2
electric showers), adequacy of cold water pressure, adequacy of gas
supply
at boiler for large combi or (whispering) 2 combis.

A domestic supply gas supply can provide 212 cu foot an hour, about

62kW
input. Two properly sized combi's can do the job no problem, with the
average around 27kW.

You could, with a bit of plumbing have an unvented cylinder for the

showers
and baths, heated from the heating loop output of the combi, and just use
the DHW output of the combi for kitchens. That way you can have lots of

hot
water for the baths and showers and still use the combi. Small note you

will
need a pressure ballanced type of shower mixer.

Look at

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s..._Direct_Cylind
er.html
for cylinders a 210L or 250L one. If the mains cold water flow is poor

then
you could have a conventional ho****er cylinder, aagin heated by the

heating
loop of the combi.

This requires 500-600 litres of storage for six people showering with two
showers. An unvented cylinder of that size will be well north of £1000.
Two combi's can be bought for far less than the price of one cylinder alone,
which will do a better job never running out of hot water.

Have you seen the size of 600 litre cylinder? Unvented cylinders require an
annual service.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download