Patriarch

Default I need a swivel or bearing for a lazy susan style turntable.

lid wrote in
:

I can't find anything to solve my problem because I obviously don't
know how to explain my problem.
I want the be able to spin by hand a heavy 24" round turntable on top
of my workbench using centrifugal force. Like the wheel on a car but
horizontal.

I was going to make it out of 4 inches of MDF but I can't find a
bearing or swivel or anything that will allow this top spin
horizontally. Lazy susans are strong and stable but don't allow a
friction free spin.

I'm sure what I need is out there but I have no idea what it is, or
what it's called.

There are all sorts of bearing to spin stuff vertically, isn't there
one I can attach to this table that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars.

Larry Jaques suggested that this was very similar to a potter's kick wheel.
Try a pottery (ceramics) supply house.

In a former life, a long time ago, I could slam 25+ lbs of stoneware clay
on a wheel head, and throw very large vessels, which were almost impossible
to fire successfully. The hardware held up, though.

http://www.leslieceramics.com/

These folks were the best in my area.

Patriarch