George

"Arch" wrote in message
Hollowing larger forms while retaining small orifices has become more a
chore than a pleasure for me lately. Got to where I sort of dreaded the
effort. Even though I have an arsenal of hollowing tools, fixtures and
gizmos to make the _work_ easier, it was work and I'm retired. I was
beginning to spend more time turning in my armchair than on my lathe.

I think it's disingenuous to speak of how graceful a "form" is - only if
it's hollowed. Sort of like showing a picture of something, and, instead of
letting it stand on its own, detailing how thin, how finely sanded, how many
coats....

If it's pretty, and will sell, make it. If it's a chore, bag it. Only
"hollow forms" I do any more are ornaments, where lightness counts. The
others aren't good sellers, and I find no special joy in making them.