Keith Marshall

Thanks, I'll check. But I suspect that the vise is exempt from the free
shipping offer. I've always had great service with Enco's sales and
support staff. But I know from past experience that there are some items
that they will not ship via UPS even though the item is within the UPS
weight/size limits.

Figures... If you happen to live near a Wholesale Tool store you might want
to check with them. They have 2 or 3 vises similar to the ones you're
looking at and you won't have to pay shipping if you buy from their store.
Here's a map:

http://www.wttool.com/locations.html

I live near their Charlotte, NC store and buy quite a bit of small stuff
from them. Can't afford the big stuff. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"DeepDiver" wrote in message
"Keith Marshall" wrote in message

According to the back page of the catalog they're offering free UPS
shipping until the end of May if you enter promo code NRUPF45 and
that vise is within UPS's weight limits but they have an asterisk
beside it indicating truck shipment. It may be marked wrong so you may
be able to get them to do the free shipping.

Thanks, I'll check. But I suspect that the vise is exempt from the free
shipping offer. I've always had great service with Enco's sales and
support staff. But I know from past experience that there are some items
that they will not ship via UPS even though the item is within the UPS
weight/size limits.

For example, I've long wanted to get one of the ratcheting arbor presses
that Enco has on sale from time to time. Even though the "small" one could
be shipped UPS, they insist that they'll only ship it via freight (which
adds something like $100 to the cost of the press). They claim it's
because they've had too many "damaged in shipping" issues with UPS on the
large/heavy items (which may be true, seeing how UPS tends to drop and
kick-around heavy packages). But I suspect it also has a lot to do with
Enco's many "free UPS shipping" promotions.

Regards,
Michael