Greg O

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Greg O" wrote in message
We toss large three phase motors often. We tossed a 20 HP and a 25 HP a
couple of years ago. IIRC correctly I posted a notice here for them that
they were free for the taking, but no response!

Geez, at least sell 'em to a scrap yard - especially these days with
copper
at $1.50/lb and iron uh, whatever it is ($20/ton? Motor's worth at least
few cents iron alone..). Loose copper wire you can expect like $0.50 to
$1.00/lb. from them.

On the big jobs we often rent a roll off for the scrap iron so it does get
recycled, we also have a scrap dumpster at the shop. No one here is willing
to take the time to strip the copper from the motors. We do save copper
scrap when it is easy!
So when I said we toss them, we really don't just toss them!
Greg