James Sweet

wrote in message
ups.com...

Doug wrote:
Since you have a capacitance meter and you are not getting any

reading
best bet the starting capacitor is your problem.
Some places that sell parts will test the old for you.
I'm not sure about the 25 ohm resistor block. Does the block actually
state 25 ohm or is that just the measurment your getiing?

Hi Doug,

It is printed on the block that it's 25 ohms and that is what I am
getting.
I will have a look again and see if I can find the thermostat. There is
a dial
on the front panel that controls the temperature " 1 to 5" but I
presumed this was just another variable resistor. I'm afraid the owners
manual is not very helpful.

Regards

The dial is not a variable resistor, it connects to the themostat. Well I
suppose it *could* be a variable resistor in part of an electronic
thermostat but I've yet to ever see one like that. The compressor can only
run at one speed, it's either on or off depending on the temperature inside.
Check for voltage at the compressor, if it's there then the thermostat is
trying to turn it on.