Rich Grise

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 23:45:38 -0500, Chris W wrote:

Let me see if I can explain it better. The control box has a time delay
relay that stooped working a few weeks ago. While I was getting that
replaced, I wired a SPST switch in parallel with the relay contact and
did the time delay manually, so I could still use the system till the
relay was replaced. Now I want to remove that switch but still keep it
around so if the relay goes bad again I can just plug it in and go. The
switch has to be on the end of about a 6 foot cable to make the system
usable. So I want to cut the wire at the box put a socket in the box and
a plug on the wire with the switch.

I don't know why my newsreader isn't threading these things right, but
a couple posts back (or maybe in a different thread if you've posted
the same question twice), I suggested Jones connectors. About two
bucks, and there's not a chance of plugging anything else into them:
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/621/871.pdf

Have Fun!
Rich