John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Peter A Forbes
wrote (in
) about 'Plug and socket
suggestion needed', on Sat, 9 Apr 2005:
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 13:02:53 +0100, John Woodgate

wrote:

The IEC 60320 outlet socket and cable-mounting plug are made
specifically for what the OP wants to do, and meet all known safety
requirements. Why search for inferior, maybe dangerous, substitutes?

I wasn't, I was just pointing out what is (or was) available.

I didn't mean you, I meant the OP, if he hasn't got tired and gone away.

The ratings for the Neutrik connectors are from their website.

They are, but you need to understand what they mean, and what they don't
mean. The clearance and creepage distances for mains connectors have to
take into account that voltage spikes occur, up to 10 times the supply
voltage quite often, and occasionally up to 30 times.
'What is a Moebius strip?'