NSM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for your help.
I am using a multimeter with capacitance function to check.
The motor does not start. In fact the unit might as well be dead except
that both the power led and "temp High" led come on.
The freezer is only 18 months old.

No warranty? Usually 5 years.

I cannot see a thermostat anywhere. Does this 25 ohm resistor serve
this purpose?

No. It's often hidden inside the back on vertical models. The dial could be
around the back also. Owner's manual?

It looks like a small wheel with contacts on either side all housed in
a small plastic unit like a plug which connects to the motor housing
via 3 pins. I'd imaging it goes open at a certain temperature so I
gather this serves as a thermostat.

Safety?

Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards