Charlie Self

Jack notes:
I'm glad that you too, get good delivery service from the Post

Office.
But, I have to think that you must have carefully planned your of abode

location. House location is a key factor to get packages delivered to
your front door. It is intuititivly obvious to the most casual
observer,
(IOCO), that it is easier to carry a package "down to the house" as
compared to "up to the house."

It's not too bad, but not a bit of my planning involved. Long, bumpy
downhill drive, but a short, level walk to the front door from the
bottom. My wife owned the house when we got married, and the State
lifted the road about 15' some years before I met her. Among the added
wonderful qualities, and the reason the driveway is bumpy, is that the
drive is actually not ours, but a public right of way (so I refuse to
repave it), and a drainage set up that funnels water from about 1/4"
mile of road into our yard (and basement).

In the 21 years before the state/county raised the road, the basement
NEVER once flooded. In the 21 years since, the basement floods on an
average of 3 times a year, never really bady, but always unpleasant.
Checked the cost to fix it and then made sure the pump was in good
shape. Checked the chance of winning a law suit against the guvmint
idjits, and decided I didn't love paying lawyers anywhere enough to
carry it through.