I do not think it is a DC welder. But if it were a 3 phase welder, it
could not be an AC welder unless one added a lot of components. It
would require adding fewer components to have it be a DC welder, but
there would be no advantage and it would cost more.
Dan

Grant Erwin wrote:
Why do you think the welder is DC? It certainly could be, but I don't

think
mine is. My guess is it's a single phase unit, just as almost all

coolant
pumps on 3 phase lathes are single phase. - GWE

wrote:

I do not know, but I strongly suspect the on board blade welder

runs on
single phase. The reason is that if it were to be a three phase
welder, it would require extra hardware to transform the three

phase
into DC to do the welding.