Chris W

Default Plug and socket suggestion needed

I have a control box with a 2 wire cable going out to a SPST switch that
switches 120V AC line. I want to put a socket on in the box and a plug
on the wire with the switch so I can disconnect it when it isn't
needed. The easiest thing I can think of would be to use a standard 2
prong outlet and plug. The problem with that is, someone might find the
cable with the switch and plug on the end, wonder what it does, plug it
in and flip the switch. Best case, they trip a breaker, worst case
something starts on fire. So I don't like that idea. I have been
searching Mouser and Digikey and the only other panel mount socket and
matching plug I have found are the round ones that have from two on up
to 100 or maybe more conductors. Even the 2 conductor versions are
around $30 for the plug and socket. I was hoping to spend a lot less
money than that. Any suggestions?

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy