Mary Fisher

"Holly in France" wrote in message

In an old house we once renovated there was a set up to cause rats to fall
into a barrel of water, took us some time to find out what it was! I'm not
sure that even it's real purpose but old local farmers etc couldn't come
up
with anything more likely. Basically it was a wire strung across the roof
with pieces of slate with a hole drilled in the middle threaded onto it.
The rats would apparently cross the wire, be unable to turn, try to climb
onto the slate which would then spin round causing them to fall into the
water. If you were to hang a birdtable, nuts, fat balls etc off a wire
like this, between two largish (so they couldn't jump over it) bits of
spinning slate/board etc, I wonder if it might work for squirrels too??
Just a thought....

It's one of the common ways of dealing with them, it's been aired here
before I'm sure.

Mary