Mark D. Zacharias

RayP wrote:
Hi
When I insert a tape into my vcr (sony model no.SLV430) ,the
cartridge goes in, the tape loads around the drum and after about 3
seconds, the tape retracts back into the cartridge and the cartridge
ejects.This is all it will do.
Anyone have any solutions for me?
Thank You,
Ray

These commonly have problems with the carriage timing. One of the lower
gears is off by a tooth or 2. This is due to sloppy tolerances, and tends to
recur after fixed. There is a "fix" which involves adding a washer on the
right side, which is to brace the right side of the carriage as the tape is
inserted. This isn't all too reliable either, though.

Mark Z.