Patriarch

"Al Reid" wrote in
:

"mp" wrote in message

This is standard practice with UPS. It seems they regularly trash
parcels...

It's funny how different folks can have completely different
experiences with a vendor or shipper. I buy most of my computer and
WW parts/supplys online and receive several boxes per week. Other
than one time where the UPS driver swiped the barcode and didn't
deliver the package (Heavy storm and decided not to get out of the
truck and walk 200 feet to the house and came back later) and the
tracking info said it was delivered, but no package found, I have
never had a delevery with any substantial damage or missing items.

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the
house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it up. It
seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS is under
no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the door. I avoid the
USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

Different drivers & carriers, different experiences. We get excellent
service from USPS, UPS and FedEx. My wife buys a LOT of quilting supplies
on line. I only get the most infrequent of packages from Lee Valley and
Patrick Leach.

Most stuff is brought to the door. If no one is home, it sometimes is left
with a neighbor if that's reasonable.

Patriarch