John Flatley

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...
Al Reid notes:

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the

house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS
is under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

Charlie,

I'm glad that you too, get good delivery service from the Post Office.
But, I have to think that you must have carefully planned your of abode
location. House location is a key factor to get packages delivered to
your front door. It is intuititivly obvious to the most casual observer,
(IOCO), that it is easier to carry a package "down to the house" as
compared to "up to the house."

I'm a committed flatlander, living where elevation variations are
measured in inches rather than feet and I also enjoy front door delivery.
From the USPS, FedEx, occasionally UPS and rarely Airborne. Now
if I can just figure out how to protect the packages from the liquid
sunshine....

Jack
Jacksonville, Florida