bigbrian

Default Kitchen cupboard door fittings

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:14:09 +0100, "PM"
wrote:

"bigbrian" wrote in message
news:88eb9934ac9858d36f14265f4634024f@TeraNews. ..

There's a quarter inch gap built into the design between the top and
the bottom sections (don't ask me why) so anything I fix to the back
of the two sections will show through the gap. Its not a problem for
*me*, you understand, but....well....

Brian

But it must have shown before?

Sure, the gap was showing before (its intended to, since the two parts
were deliberately spaced using plastic washers on the metal pins to
keep the parts apart), but there was nothing behind it before. If I
fix something to the back of the door to hold the two pieces together,
it will show through the gap.

Brian

How about dowel screws?

Nice idea, thanks. As it happens, I attacked it over the weekend by
fitting a couple of metal plates to the back of the door

Brian