Erik

In article . net,
"Peter Grey" wrote:

I bought stuff from HF and - when taking into account what I'm buying and
how much I'm paying for it - have generally been pleased.

I have to comment that it is truly astounding how much mail I get from them.
It seems that more days than not, I'll get a catalog or a flyer or
something.... I can't believe that they don't mail away all their profits.
I know there must be marketing numbers that justify this tactic, but I
figure that a catalog's got to be good for a couple of weeks, at least. I
get at least a couple a week. Amazing.

I gave them my Yahoo spam address, and get a couple of mailings a week
from them... they come with a laundry list of sale stuff, and most have
a $5 off $50 dollars or more, or $10 off $100 dollars or more coupons
you can print and take to their brick and mortar stores.

I've bought some odds and ends from them, and generally have been happy.
Got one of their steel 110 lb Russian anvils... they were on sale, and I
used a coupon on top of that. Don't remember what it came to, but it was
a smoking deal. Wish I was able to get it back in the early 70's...
would have been just the thing for ton's of stuff I've done.

Another poster noted the Chinese stuff is getting better. Must admit I
agree. They're still a rough around the edges, and have a way's to go
still, but definitely better!

Erik