Don Foreman

On 6 Apr 2005 21:16:00 -0700, wrote:

After hearing about Harbor Freight in this newsgroup, I authorized them
to email me their catalog and sales literature.

As it turned out I wasn't really interested in the quality of
mechandize that they were selling, but their email advertisements
continued to arrive at the rate of 2 or 3 each week.

This went on for about 3 months. Last week I sent them an email reply
with the words REMOVE as the subject. Believe it or not, they
immediately took me off their mailing list.

A firm with ethics like this deserves special reconition! While I can't
get into the products that they sell, I really have to respect their
business ethics, and now feel almost obligated to buy something from
them, not because I want the product, buy just to show them my respect.

I sure like their 6" digital calipers. I have a Mitutoyo DigiMatic,
can't see that it's any better or more accurate than the ones from HF.
I've had a couple of the HF jobs for at least a couple of years with
no problems so far. They're cheap enough to throw one in the glove
compartment of the truck, etc. They get no respect, but they still
keep working!

I had a MIG welder from HF that was a POS, but that was several years
ago now. It was made in Italy, not China.

My orange 4-1/2" angle grinder sounds like it's self-destructing, but
it keeps working. I just wear shooter's earmuffs when using it.
I've already used it enough that I don't figure it owes me a thing,
considering what I paid for it.

OTOH, I've found that their drills and taps are worthless.