Gunner

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:35:59 GMT, "Terry Mayhugh"
wrote:

It seems to me that a static converter would nicely run one of the surplus 3
phase vertical metal bandsaws that I often see on Ebay. But does anyone know
if it would also run the on-board blade welder? If not, has anyone come up
with a reasonable solution? TIA

Most of the blade welders are 220vac single phase. Simply pull off
two of the three lines and run the blade welder. Use any two of the
three..though L1 and L3 are best (the two non generated legs)

This does NOT work with a VFD. Use the single phase 220 line before
the VFD. (and yes..a VFD works very nicely on a band saw)

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"