brianlanning

Default Grizzly Tent Sale

I'm considering a trip to misourri this summer for the grizzly tent
sale. I've always wanted to see the store anyway. And since I'm
gearing up to add some machines to the new gar... shop, I figured the
tent sale would be a good time to go. It's July 16 this year.

SWMBO shocked me today by suggesting that it may make more sense to get
all the machines I want in one shot. The idea being to get a flat bed
uhaul trailer and make the trek there and bring back a shop full of
tools ourselves to avoid the shipping costs. Even with having to pay
sales tax, it could be a significant savings. I immediately thought of
the tent sale.

So I was wondering if anyone had been to one of their tent sales. I'm
sure it's an exercise in insanity. How does it work with the larger
machines? Do you put your name on it or something? What is the sales
tax at the springfield store? Is the sale worth going to or do 10,000
people show up for 10 machines? What kind of discounts are generally
offered? Are we talking half off or only like 10%? And is there a
wide variety of machines or just what's on the outlet link of their
site? If parts are broken or missing, are they good about replacing
them or do you have to pay for the parts because everything is as-is?

I'd like to take a flat bed trailer since I'm after the new 21" band
saw. But if I have to take the machines to the trailer onsey-twosey,
then leave them to go back in, I'd have to get the closed trailer so I
could lock it up. Do they assemble a watched group of tools in a

My wife says that it must be a good sale for that many sane men to
stand in line at 4am. :-)

brian