Bill Jeffrey

Is the data at TTL levels? Is so, get a hex inverter IC (7404 seies,
IIRC). Put the input stream into one inverter, connect its output to
the inputs of two other inverters. The outputs of those inverters are
what you want. Since there are six inverters in the package, and you
just used three of them, you can buffer two data lines per package.

Bill
----------------------------

Thomas Abell wrote:

I am searching for a circuit diagram for a device that I can build. I need
this device to divide serial data while amplifying the signal so that both
outputs are equal to the input.

I need this because I have a serial device that is providing a one-way data
flow into the serial port on my computer. I want to be able to split this
signal and put it into two ports. Simply running the data in parallel to
both com ports doesn't work because I believe that too much signal is being
lost.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks.