jakdedert

sofie wrote:
If the transformers are indeed good (proper AC voltage at the
secondary) then there ain't much more to the charger than at most a
secondary fuse, a diode or two, resistors or possible a regulator
semiconductor. Get your multi-meter back out of the tool box and
perform some simple testing of components.

Huh uh, Dan. He was referring to the 220-110v stepdown transformers he had
in series with the chargers. Those survived. The chargers are Li-ion, so
there's gonna be some active electronics in there...perhaps as little as a
timer circuit; but AIRC, these things go for as cheap as $10, so there's
little hope or profit in trying to fix them anyway.

jak

"RS" wrote in message
Preamble:

************************************

While travelling and visiting friends in rural India recently, I was
using NiMH "AA" cells, and Rayovac rechargeable alkaline "AA" cells
to power my digital camera.

To recharge them I was using a "GP" brand (model GPKB34P)
charger , and a Rayovac Model PS1 charger. Both are 117v 60Hz
devices, and I was running them through a 220 110 volt transformer.

Power outages were common in the area and sometimes a farm tractor
with a jury-rigged generator running off the "power take off" shaft,
was used to supply electricity to the farm house. During one evening
when I was away visiting other relatives of theirs, it seems there
was a "brown-out" sort of situation due to the tractor running at an
unusually slow speed for several hours. I saw the flickering
honey-color tungsten lamps in the house when I returned and realized
that my chargers were not getting proper voltage !

The chargers both appear to be dead. The transformer survived,
according to subsequent tests with a volt meter.

Question: Are either of these 2 chargers likely to be easily
repairable?

Thanks !

-RS-