sofie

Not enough clues and observations in your posting.
If the compressor motor is running then you do not need to look at the motor
or associated components.... it might be low on freon.
If the motor tries to start but doesn't then look at the capacitor and/or
resistor.
If the compressor motor runs but does not run long enough then look at the
thermostat.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

I have a Hotpoint freezer rza30 model.
The high temperature led comes on when it's plugged in and it's not
freezing.
There is a 25 ohm resistor block accross the condensor motor which
measures 25 ohms so it looks ok. There is also a 4 mf ac capacitor
across the mains input into the freezer. The capacitor has 2 terminals
coming out of the housing so I disconnected it and measured the
capacitance accross it which always measures 0. I am assuming this has
gone faulty. There is not really a lot else that I can see that might
me faulty. Any suggestions and am I on the right track?

Kind regards