kip

Thermostat ???

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

I have a Hotpoint freezer rza30 model.
The high temperature led comes on when it's plugged in and it's not
freezing.
There is a 25 ohm resistor block accross the condensor motor which
measures 25 ohms so it looks ok. There is also a 4 mf ac capacitor
across the mains input into the freezer. The capacitor has 2 terminals
coming out of the housing so I disconnected it and measured the
capacitance accross it which always measures 0. I am assuming this has
gone faulty. There is not really a lot else that I can see that might
me faulty. Any suggestions and am I on the right track?

Kind regards