RS

Default battery chargers fried ...

Preamble:

************************************

While travelling and visiting friends in rural India recently, I was using
NiMH "AA" cells, and Rayovac rechargeable alkaline "AA" cells to power my
digital camera.

To recharge them I was using a "GP" brand (model GPKB34P) charger , and
a Rayovac Model PS1 charger. Both are 117v 60Hz devices, and I was running
them through a 220 110 volt transformer.

Power outages were common in the area and sometimes a farm tractor with a
jury-rigged generator running off the "power take off" shaft, was used to
supply electricity to the farm house. During one evening when I was away
visiting other relatives of theirs, it seems there was a "brown-out" sort of
situation due to the tractor running at an unusually slow speed for several
hours. I saw the flickering honey-color tungsten lamps in the house when I
returned and realized that my chargers were not getting proper voltage !

The chargers both appear to be dead. The transformer survived, according to
subsequent tests with a volt meter.

Question: Are either of these 2 chargers likely to be easily repairable?

Thanks !

-RS-