Swingman

"Andrew V" wrote in message

I "justified" my upgrade to a cabinet saw with this project. I also
upgraded
my planer. Stuff I would have bought eventually anyway, so I can't

really
charge that completely as a project expense.

snip
-Steve

I like it , I use something similar on a regular basis to ease the
guilt(NOT) of being a tool whore. It also pacifies SWMBO on occasion.

SWMBO has always been "pacified" by a houseful of custom furniture, a custom
kitchen, and the occasional knickknack I throw together for her, or her
family, out of scraps (mainly when I am bored and "waiting for the glue to
dry" or have nothing else to do).

Case in point ... while waiting for the "glue to dry" on the two kitchen
cabinet boxes (on topic) in the background one morning last week, I made her
a holder for her kitchen calculator out of scrap Walnut, the sawed off horn
of an Oak, dadoe'd stile from the latest kitchen project, and a leftover
Walnut dowel ... took about 30 minutes and you'd think I presented her with
a diamond or something.

http://www.e-woodshop.net/files/CalcStand.JPG

IOW, with proper forethought and preparation, there are a myriad of ways to
insure getting ANY tool you may want ... ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04