Robert Swinney

Thanx, Harold for a "voice of reason" reply. I always respect your opinion
and often look to it as advice from an expert. All too often, many posters
betray their naiveté by out-of- hand comments re. Harbor Freight and other
discount suppliers. I wonder how many of those shop at Wal-Mart. I'm not a
particular advocate of Harbor Freight, but like you, I refuse to bad-mouth
them in the belief that others will look up to me as more sophisticated than
I really am.

Bob Swinney

wrote in message
ups.com...
After hearing about Harbor Freight in this newsgroup, I authorized them
to email me their catalog and sales literature.

As it turned out I wasn't really interested in the quality of
mechandize that they were selling, but their email advertisements
continued to arrive at the rate of 2 or 3 each week.

This went on for about 3 months. Last week I sent them an email reply
with the words REMOVE as the subject. Believe it or not, they
immediately took me off their mailing list.

A firm with ethics like this deserves special reconition! While I can't
get into the products that they sell, I really have to respect their
business ethics, and now feel almost obligated to buy something from
them, not because I want the product, buy just to show them my respect.

Harry C.

Harry, don't discount all their products. They sell American built things
along with the Asian stuff. You likely noticed name brands along with
the
other stuff, although there's not exactly a lot of it. Still, there's
some
outstanding buys.

Like you, they have my respect. They have always been very honest people
with which to conduct business. Smart leadership in management.
Sears, Penney's, and many others could learn something from that
operation.

Harold