nightjar

"markzoom" wrote in message
om...
I live on the S.coast and we don't get "hot summer nights".

You may find this difficult to believe, but other people can have different
opinions from yours.

In fact
it's too ****ing cold to even sit outside at night in the summer.

I don't sleep in the garden, so it is the temperature inside that concerns
me.

You already have free air conditioning, it's called a "window".

Assuming I ever got a tuit for rebuilding the sashes and fitting new cords,
windows do not give a very good control of air flow. It always tends to be
too little or too great and I also dislike drafts.

Alternatively you could go have a holiday somewhere cold if a little
warmth bothers you that much....

It is not unusual for my house to top 30C during the summer and that can
last for several days. As I mentioned elsewhere, it has a lot of solar gain.

Colin Bignell