1

"JVC Dude" schreef in bericht
Theres no explanation in the manuals on how to time these gears.!!! As I
said before you can't buy them... only a complete head assembly which here
in the UK is £150 or so last time I checked.
You can usually remove the motor/worm/pcb safely to check without
upsetting
the timing, however its not these gears that usually split, its the 2
drive
gears up into the head assembly with metal shafts.

as to timing these 2 / 4 gears I've no info on that ! just pot luck
really, since its a dynamic system as long as theres enough movement
end-end it should be ok, since its the head 'envelope' that the
electronics
look at to check correct alignment.

Upon initial power on, the micro moves the motor/worm/blades back/forward
check that theres movement. only if this is ok will the unit come out of
standby. Then if you need any other mode than play, ie shuttle /pause
the motor moves again, counting pulses on th e photo interrupter. Since
pause/slow-mo is a different movement to shuttle , whichever damaged
gear
jams, that will then cause an error to be detected - and shut down or stop
occurs.

I have a customers machine (9500) sat here, which I need to arrange to
somehow bypass these broken gears with..
(Thinking aloud...)Perhaps if the motor is allowed to spin whilst
disconnected from the gears.....it would not detect an error..... still
picture and shuttle picture wouldn't be perfect but at least record/play
would work....

hope that helps

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,thanks a lot, however, i messed up the alligment real bad
( and it's very difficult to get them right, i have a picture allright but
nog optimal. Thanks.

Herm.