Harris

Default Tiling the floor...

I will be taking up my floor boards, fitting insulation, screwing thick
plywood in between the joiststo be level with the tops of the joists,
either adding anothe rlayer of ply over the top or putting aqua
paneldown, then adding under floor heating wires and finally the
tiles to bring the top surface of the floor back where the floor
boards used to be.

so you will be fixing the thick plywood between the joists? I'm
confused why? is it just for strength

It's something I am going to be doing soon so am after as much
information as possible..

People keep telling me to leave the floor boards down and screw
plywood on top of it, then tile on top of that, but I'm worried
because that should mean the tiles are 2cm higher than the rest of the
floor in the house, and I just know thats the edge I'm gonna break my
toes on.