oldjag

mongke wrote:
Hello folks

Ordered one and arrived a couple of days ago. I'm rather pleased

with it.
As for the LCD lens, I read a post about the darkening not being
uniform. I think, after checking mine, that this a visual effect from

LCD
devices being darkest when viewed perpendiculary. Close left eye and

the
lightness is on the right; close right eye and the lightness is on

the
left. With both eyes open, binocularity gives the illusion of dark

center
and light ends. There might be also some uneveness caused by

pressures in
the LCD mounting. None of this seems serious to me.
Anybody with a brand, top quality helmet care to compare?

--

Regards,

Mongke

I purchased the same helmet. Mine is almost unusable. Too bad I did not
try it out before the very short warranty expired. We have several
name brand , ie $220+ auto darkening helmets at work. None have this
issue.