Asimov

"NSM" bravely wrote to "All" (05 Apr 05 01:20:53)
--- on the heady topic of " Infrared voting system?"

NS From: "NSM"
NS Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:44963

NS "Steve" wrote in message
NS ups.com...
I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to
vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared
transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does
anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a
system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

NS IR will suck. Use RF.

Thinking about a bunch of RF transmitters all heterodyning in the same
room, shades of Theremin!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Isn't Fourier and it's applications a bitch!