Pete C.

Cliff wrote:

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:03:18 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?
--
Cliff

Do you honestly think that things are any different on the left end of
the political spectrum?

Hint: 99.99999% of politicians are corrupt. The other 0.00001% are too
inept to be around long enough to become corrupt.

Pete C.

It's always nice to watch wingers justifying possible
fraud & corruption, not to mention blatent lies (found
those "WMDs" & terrorists yet?) when it's their heros
doing it.

Recall spending over US$ 70,000,000 of the taxpayer's
money on a Clinton witchhunt? And you could only find
poor Monica (which was none of your business anyway)?

Let's spend half of that and send the entire rotten
crew of neocons & wingers to jail for life.

How many more murders do you need done in your
name? So far, the count is over 100,000 and still rising ....

BTW, Enjoying US$ 60+/barrel oil prices yet? Tried
to buy anything imported in the stores lately *yourself*
(recall the prices 4 years ago?)

HTH
--
Cliff

I didn't justify anything, and yes, they have indeed found many of those
terrorists.

The WMDs most assuredly *did* exist and I have that from very reliable
and US independent sources. Their destruction has not been able to be
confirmed any more than their continued existence. At this point there
is equal probability that they were moved out of Iraq vs. destroyed.

The Clinton "witch hunt" was a waste of money for sure, but was not a
"right wing conspiracy". Clinton *did* lie to the public and for that he
*did* deserve some punishment. As far as the Monica thing I personally
couldn't have cared less and if he had had the sense to simply say "it's
none of your business" instead of lying I think 75%+ of the public would
have accepted that and moved on.

How about spending half of that on getting the entire crew of crooks and
wingers, both left and right in jail. We would save the money right back
in a year just by turning off the power and AC in all those vacant DC
offices.

What "murders" are you referring to? The best defense is a good offense
and since we started on the offensive against the terrorists they have
not managed an attack here again. They're bound to at some point, but if
one occurs vs. the ten that would have occurred if we did nothing, then
we're ahead.

If you're talking about civilian casualties in Iraq / Afghanistan, then
perhaps you should check back in the history a bit. Civilian casualties
in both those countries are much lower since we attacked / invaded.
Sadam killed more of his own people in a year than the civilian
casualties we've caused in several years.

The UN sanctions which were in place under Clinton killed many times
more people in Iraq than the combined deaths of combatants and civilians
from our war.

Zero civilian deaths would sure be nice, but that was not the reality
before we invaded. If the civilian deaths went from (arbitrary numbers
for example) 250,000/yr to 100,000/yr that is an improvement.

Oil prices? No, actually I haven't really noticed and can't say I care
much. Any yes, I buy both US and imported products almost daily.

Oil prices only have a short term effect, much like the age old
political trick of raising the minimum wage. You see, the entire economy
acts to bring things back in balance over a period of a couple years so
the net effect is more or less nil.

Politician raises the minimum wage and "buys" some votes from people who
think they are doing better. A couple years later they find themselves
back right where they started because the increase in the minimum wage
triggered inflation which brought the cost of goods/service right back
to the same balance point. Your income and the cost of the things you
buy rose together with just a slight lag between them to provide the
illusion of a benefit.

You see the real problem is that all the wingers (that includes you by
the way) have tunnel vision and are so intent on vilifying the "other"
side that they fail to see the realities of the situation.

The whole terrorist problem largely developed under left wing
leadership. Now we've got right wing leadership that is at least trying
to address the problem in their own inept way, and the left wing is to
busy attacking the right to actually do something constructive (can't
help the right wing succeed on anything) that would actually benefit the
people.

The whole left vs. right thing is destructive. Both sides need to get
their heads out of their collective asses and work together to address
the problems that undeniably exist.

Pete C.