Goedjn

No, just be able to recognize abusive, off-topic, or profane posts.

Well, I agree with that to a certain point. And I could perform that task.

However, HVAC repair is something that can get people killed if the wrong
advice is given. IMO, there is a very fine line between providing a

Therefore, moderators need to be savvy when a poster gives incorrect or
dangerous advice.

That's what the other members of the group are for. In any newsgroup
with a reasonable membership, bad advice gets corrected fairly
quickly. The trick is keeping the corrections from escalating into
flame wars.