Joseph Meehan

William wrote:
"blueman" wrote in message

I get the caution on Microwaves and anti-lock brakes. Maybe even A/C
compressors. But why televisions?
I have been fixing them since I was a kid both on my own and back in
high school as a summer job.

No real danger here as long as you avoid or discharge the tube before
poking too close. Even the tube is no killer (high voltage, low
current). It gives you quite a zing that you don't forget but doesn't
kill unless maybe you have a pacemaker or bad heart.

I seem to recall a factoid that the real danger is what you hit when
the tube sends you jumping away. Assuming the set isn't plugged
in, you could be injured if you fell, or yanked skin across a sharp
object.

Never got shocked from a picture tube, but I did - stupidly - make
contact with neon sign transformer once. I swear it teleported me
a good four feet. -Wm

Mine experience was reaching in to grab a florescent light that had
fallen into an aquarium. I never did that one again.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit