Gerald Nunn

"Michael Baugh" wrote in message
.. .
Nobody has talked about the character of the mold. Doesn't
sound like the mold around a steady leak, that sort of thing.
But better to be safe, because a house with toxic mold is
better off in the dump.

As I mentioned the mold is spotty in nature, it is distributed throughout
the attic from a region starting from two feet from the floor to the
ceiling. The spots themselves are small, the largest being no larger then my
thumb. The attic was previously sealed and uninsulated with no ventilation,
my thinking is the mold came from condensation from the house below rising
to the roof in colder weather. This would explain why the roof planks near
the floor are largely unaffected since in this area the air probably was
warm enough not to cause condensation.

Gerald