Matt Morgan

"Gerald Nunn" wrote in message
Recently an older house in my town has come up for sale. The house was
orginally built in 1864 but was completely gutted and renovated in 2004
except for the basement and the attic/roof. The quality of the renovations
are stunning and the lot size of the house is very good. The asking price
was very good for a house in this condition so my wife and I visited and
then subsequently put in an offer on the place that was accepted.

Sounds like you are taking all the right steps to me. Have the mold tested,
see if it's lethal, and then decide. Sort od _almost_ sounds like you have
decided you are going to buy this house already - so BE CAREFUL. As one who
has been burnt by issues not completely dissimilar to yours - don't let your
heart make this decision. PURE FACTS ONLY when buying a house, mate. If this
one isn't the one, you WILL find another you are just as attracted to.

As an aside, does anyone ever remeber mold being a subject when they were
growing up? People suing builders and development groups and such?

Where did all this come from? I'm not saying its not an important issue. I
understand some of this stuff can really ruin people's health.

But it just seems a lot like the radon scares back in the 80's to me.....
somebody somewhere finds something to scare everyone over, and suddenly a
cottage indistry is born to "clean it up"..... oh, and the lawyers.... yeah
yhey love it.