blueman

Drifter writes:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:58:10 -0600, Bob Simon
wrote:
I am a dyed-in-the-wool do it yourselfer and fix it man and I hate how
we've become a "throw away" society, but some things are just too
dangerous for the untrained to mess with.
(Televisions, Microwaves, A/C compressors, anti-lock brakes, etc)

I get the caution on Microwaves and anti-lock brakes. Maybe even A/C
compressors. But why televisions?
I have been fixing them since I was a kid both on my own and back in
high school as a summer job.

No real danger here as long as you avoid or discharge the tube before
poking too close. Even the tube is no killer (high voltage, low
current). It gives you quite a zing that you don't forget but doesn't
kill unless maybe you have a pacemaker or bad heart.