w_tom

Find same quality cable at Home Depot or Lowes. Monster
Cable products sell at phenomenally higher prices for
something no better than sold in the hardware store. Those
buying Monster Cable products tend to also buy the Brooklyn
Bridge. Again, the separation from power lines is about
safety.

DL wrote:
I purchased the cable I did because it was rated for in-wall and
the gauge of the wire, not the brand name, it just happened to be
Monster cable. I went to several local retailers and did not
find what I wanted. I also feel that I got a decent deal on the
internet for the wire. What does this have to do with buying
the Brooklyn Bridge. While I do agree that prices on Monster
cable can be very high if you don't shop around and buy in
larger quantities, it's dirt cheap compared to some of the high
end specialty wiring that aduiophiles pay for their cabling. I
also don't think it is of the same quality of lamp cord
purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.