Matt Morgan

"HeyBub" wrote in message
No, just be able to recognize abusive, off-topic, or profane posts.

Well, I agree with that to a certain point. And I could perform that task.

However, HVAC repair is something that can get people killed if the wrong
advice is given. IMO, there is a very fine line between providing a
valuable, helpful service to someone with self initiative and the abilities
to troubelshoot and use basic tools, and someone who simply has no business
being anywhere near a device that combines fuel, electricity, electronics,
and electro mechanical devices.

Therefore, moderators need to be savvy when a poster gives incorrect or
dangerous advice.

There are MANY things that a homeowner can do to keep their HVAC systems in
shape, and their are many things that the average homeowner can repair with
his/her system, saving alot of money in the process.

I don't have the knowledge to make this distinction. I asked several people
who do have this knowledge if they would be interested; none replied.

Therefore, I had no choiuce but to end the quest for a single place on
usenet where questions related to HVAC homeowner repairs could be asked.

Also, the thought of even considering such a group struck such fear into the
alt.hvac thugs that my simple request ended in a semi flame war; although as
always, they got their asses handed to them by the admins of the group in
question. (alt.config).

I'm still mystified by this however, as the standard mantra from King
Sphincter (PJM) has always been - post it in alt.home.repair, not here.

I suspect the truth is he fears that he won't be able to get his hands into
every discussion related to HVAC if a moderated group were to be created;
either to comment, or as his established pattern of many years - to insult.
You see, in his humble mind, King Sphincter owns all HVAC discussions for
all time.

So now, I obtained a newsfeed other than google, and now having the ability
to killfile the alt.hvac carp; am content to give up the battle. Turtle does
a fine job of answering questions here, and although sometimes a bit more
abrubt than folks would like, Bubba also provides good info. In short,
alt.home.repair can do the job very well on it's own, as long as folks keep
ignoring the alt.hvac spreaders of misery and misinformation.

(Which, I admit, on this topic I have quite some work to do. I'm trying my
best. If you want to help me, don't respond to any of the soon to come

Also, I was able to get PJM banned by his ISP, and his cancelling of posts
stopped by the net.admin folks. He is nothing but a silly figurehead now;
his minions have abandoned him, and all pauie points are no longer
redeemable.

Thanks for your comments.

Matt