Pop

Let someone else do it
I'm retired!
wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:50:30 -0400, "Pop"
wrote:

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Luke" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:44:49 GMT,
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:50:03 -0600, Luke wrote:

Our TV reception, from a roof antenna, was intermittently flaky.
Trying to find the problem, I got a shock when I touched both the TV
F-connector and coax cable antenna lead. So I put a tester on and to
my surprise got a 75 volt reading.

DVD player around to plug it into all circuits. I also get ~30 volts
off the housing of an old stand mixer in the kitchen.

This isn't normal, is it?

NO. It's dangerous. It's gonna kill someone.

Ignore the illiterate hacks Matt and Turtle aka Weasel, and
get a licensed electrician in there NOW to find out what's going on,
before it kills you. You have neither the tools nor the training to
continue.

You either have a lifted neutral, or ground, and either one
can kill you, or burn your house down.

BTW - I'm a licensed Master Electrician, unlike the plumber
and the hack mentioned above.

I'll ignore the personal attacks ;-). I know I'm beyond my abilities
on this, which is why I asked, and as you suggest I was going to call
an electrician first thing tomorrow morning. Just curious, what's a
"lifted" ground or neutral, and why do all other appliances (computer,
clocks, radio, etc.) seem to work okay?

--
Luke

This is Turtle.

Paul Milligan above here telling of hacks is nothing but a air
condtioner
software salesman and has not a clue as to what your problem is. The
only
120 volt item that he may work on is his razar to shave with in the
morning when it will not run. Now he does know a bunch about software to
tell about air conditioners and heating system as to what size you would
need to install. I one of the so call hacks he speaks of have held
Electrican licences for over 30 years and in the hvac business for over
40
years. Also i run my own hvac business and all paul runs is his head.
Watch who you listen to on the newsgroups.

TURTLE

Good advice. But, whenever a person wishes to call in a contractor, I
would
never recommend against it. The only real problem here is the buffoon
with
his egocentric mouth-hole in gear without a running motor to drive it.
Concensus usually wins out with most posters, so one of that ilk only
causes a little momentary stress. It's also possible he's right but he's
bypassing the simple things that might easily determine that an
electrician
isn't needed, and that it won't take digging into anything more than a
light
bulb or resistor to measure across in order to see what kind of current
might be there.
Besides that, he probably enjoys flames because he gets to show off the
vocabulary his father taught him.
Pop

Actually, it was your mother.

Moron.

I heard it was actually my father and your mother.

Moronic idiot.