Sunworshipper

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 06:57:55 -0400, Peter T. Keillor III
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:27:22 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote:

On 2 Apr 2005 07:30:59 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

To set the time frame for this tale; remember when motor oil came in
real cans? (metal content)

Heck, I remember when it came in 55 gallon barrels and we young pump
jockeys had to transfer it into those one quart glass jars with those
tinplate screw on spouts on top of them.

Jeff

I did that, but it was into 1 gallon jars for the Ag-cats. The P&W
R-985 was a dry sump with 7 gal reserve oil tank.

Pete Keillor

I don't have a clear memory of taking one of those apart on a Beech 18
with a bullet hole right through it.

Never siphon gas out of an Ag-cat and into your car. Matter of fact I
can't recall that either. Nothing like 12' of head on what 130 octane.

I find it flat out amazing that I made it to 19.

Never was into pranks , but I did watch a bunch of guys pick up mid
sized car and put it between two trees at a party deep in a national
forest.

Oh, I don't remember one fun one my cuz taught me. Hmmm ,maybe I
shouldn't mention that one. Hell with it, it cures stores from letting
their carts get wind blown into the road at night. I had a ****ty very
fast (especially on Av-Gas and Marvel mystery oil) car and cuz would
hold the grocery cart and I would place it lined up into a concrete
based light pole in the parking lot at about 85mph. One didn't land
for the longest time must have gone a good 100' up ! Statute of
limitations must be up for that one. Very dangerous stuff there, I kid
you not.

Pete , you should know... What octane was pink and green , each?
To think I use to sit in the stuff with it dripping all over me
washing the undersides of airplanes !