Scott Moore

Dave Hinz wrote:
On 6 Apr 2005 08:07:35 -0700, jim rozen wrote:

In article , Karl
Vorwerk says...

Tuesday nights Breaking Vegas was on counterfeiting slot tokens with and EDM
and a big press.

One can fabricate a pretty realistic immitation of a parking lot
token with only a turret lathe. Fits the local hospital 'five
bucks to part here' machine. So I've been told.

I also heard somewhere that a Belgian 5 Franc piece is the same size as
a US quarter, but is only worth about 8 cents. So I've been told.
I also have heard that parking meters have little windows where you can
see the last two coins put in. Not mentioning this for any reason, nope.

The one I heard was New York, in which you put a subway tolken in a box
to pass through the turnstyle. The coin went in, but didn't drop until
the rider went through. So the scumballs figgured out that you could run
up behind the guy in the turnstyle, and *suck* the coin out of the slot.

Yechh !