Jim Stewart

Andy Asberry wrote:
On 2 Apr 2005 07:30:59 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Moving an outhouse a "few feet back" was standard practice during
Halloween to one up the tricksters. ;)

Also since many outhouses were used in the dead of night in almost zero
light conditions (many users could and did walk there with their eyes
closed), some outhouses of troublesome neighbors were regularly
relocated by the neighborhood's kids at dusk. ;))

One must remember that this was before kids had other distractions like
television, video games and Internet to keep their attention.

So much for good clean fun....

TMT

To set the time frame for this tale; remember when motor oil came in
real cans? (metal content)

I'm a little unclear. I remember those flimsy
cylindrical 1 qt. 'cans' that were mostly cardboard
with metalized foil. Any damage and you'd have
a puddle of oil to clean up. I presume real metal
cans came before that.