pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:43:16 -0400, "Pop"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:50:03 -0600, Luke wrote:

Our TV reception, from a roof antenna, was intermittently flaky.
Trying to find the problem, I got a shock when I touched both the TV
F-connector and coax cable antenna lead. So I put a tester on and to
my surprise got a 75 volt reading.

DVD player around to plug it into all circuits. I also get ~30 volts
off the housing of an old stand mixer in the kitchen.

This isn't normal, is it?

NO. It's dangerous. It's gonna kill someone.

Ignore the illiterate hacks Matt and Turtle aka Weasel, and
get a licensed electrician in there NOW to find out what's going on,
before it kills you. You have neither the tools nor the training to
continue.

You either have a lifted neutral, or ground, and either one
can kill you, or burn your house down.

BTW - I'm a licensed Master Electrician, unlike the plumber
and the hack mentioned above.

BTW, I'm an electical engineer; so what? He DOES have the tools, he used
them in order to post here, and he also has the advice to work that out
without bringing in a hi-priced electrician (yet) to tell him it's induced
voltages or worse yet a few thousand in repairs, most of which he probably
doesn't need. IFF the equipment came as two-wire, he's fine. If he's
fiddled with removing ground pins for two prong outlets eg plugged 3-wires
into unearthed outlets, he's not likely to call in an electrician, is he?
Thimk man, thimk! Yes, I said thimk!
Pop

Think about this - IF there's a hi-Z connection in the service
panel ground or neutral systems, or at the system grounding point,
which could certainly cause this, then what the hell does it matter
'how the equipment came' ?

You're right, if it's induced, it's still not 'right' but it's
not going to kill anyone or start a fire. But what if it's not ?
And, given his admittedly limited electrical ability and understanding
( he's done well so far, to do the tests he did, and to know to ask ),
who do you figure is qualified to see what's actually going on ? Him
with a light bulb guided by your long distance guesses, or an
electrician ?

Click every day here to feed an animal !!! http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/