John Willis

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:39:47 GMT, (Doug Miller)
scribbled this interesting note:

Climbing a ladder is not "major physical exercise" for anyone who's even
half-way in shape.

Doing it once it is not. Do it a hundred times, continuously, and it
is. Climb the ladder, step off, walk across the roof, turn around,
walk back, climb back onto the ladder, climb down, and repeat this a
hundred times. It is, with those kinds of repetitions, major exercise.
Then do it with anywhere from sixty to a hundred extra pounds on your
shoulder. I hope your knees are in good shape, cause if they aren't
you'll be in serious pain at the end of the day...another hint that
this is indeed serious exercise.

But then again, perhaps it isn't for you. I wish I were in that kind
of shape. But I've only been doing this exact kind of work for over a
couple of decades now.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)